I'm not going to argue the "outcome" vs "stated reason" point because it hardly matters now. I'm glad that the reign of Saddam is over, but then again aren't we all?

My real problem was the way the administration went about it -- that they lied to us and the rest of the world -- when they could have said ``Saddam is bad'' and gotten everyone to help, or at least go along with it.
Yeah, that was kind of my point.
As a conservative who (apparently?) would like to get rid of Bush, not for his politics, but for his ... ethics? demeanor? (I can't come up with a good word) ...

Integrity would be the right word. People should be what they claim whether it be religion, politics, business, or everyday life. And to be truthful, I'm not totally against Bush yet. Maybe the maniplation has been overstated or I've been getting infomation from bad sources. However, you can see the kinds of questions I'm asking now, which is an indication of my loosing faith. I'm not willing to simply back Bush because he's on my "side." That is the worst kind of support a person can give a politician.

would you be willing to vote for a Democrat? Say a Republican wannabe like Lieberman or Edwards?
Like I said, this is my problem. Apparently I fall into the "ultra" conservative camp (or so I've been told here) which means that Lieberman and Edwards both are very liberal to me. So if I do ultimatly decide the Bush administration has lost its integrity, my vote becomes a question of integrity vs. politics, neither of which I'm willing to give on. I'm afraid I have no answers at this point.