Even if it could be proven conclusively that Saddam Hussein regularly fornicated with animals and ate babies for breakfast -- he was nonetheless the legitimate head of a soverign nation and for the United States to unilaterally decide that "..his regime needed to be stopped..." is arrogance (not to mention illegality) of truly staggering proportions.
I disagree completly. This is not a matter of our arrogant outlook. It is wrong to murder people in front of their family members. I don't care what you're the soverign head of anything when you instill that kind of terror into people. He was a murderer and deserved to be stopped.

What's more, if we stand by while those kinds of things happen then we remove all hope from those who have no recourse. The family that has been tortured under Saddam's reign has no hope of freedom in this life, and yet we have the power to give them that chance. I believe we do have that responsiblity as such a strong nation, whether we like it or not. If we went in for a land grab, then we were wrong. If our administration lied to the public to get permission to invade another country, then that was wrong. But to stop and evil dictator when we have the power to prevent more murders is not wrong. No we don't have the capabilites to thwart every evil dictator in the world, but we gave people a chance who had no chance, and that is a good thing.