Quote:
Quote:
Just dug out my serial Lead (and found a PC with com port!) the kernel is reporting ide0 as 0x000-0x007,0x038. Before i crack the lid on my spare player do you know how cs0 & cs1 are connected?

They come from pins 12,13 of one of the PEEL 18CV8-25 chips --> basically an EEPROM programmed by Patrick to handle the address decode logic. I suspect we could just bypass that for the second pair of IDE, and connect directly to, say, A31,A30 or something --> need to find an unused address block.

-ml

Mmm.. it looks more complex than all that now that I've traced some other inputs to that chip.

I think the easiest bet might be to take over the USB chip select, which comes out on pin 16 from that same PEEL chip. Nobody uses USB anyway, so no great loss. So pin 16 from the PEEL could be used as CS0 for the second IDE pair. And both IDE pairs could just share the existing CS1 signal, which is mostly just a write-only thing anyway (minor s/w mods reguired to IDE driver to never read from ALTSTATUS or CTL registers).

Or, one could add an external NAND chip (or similar) to use, say, A10, to separate the two IDE ports while using the existing CS0/CS1 signals.

Edited by mlord (11/09/2007 14:37)