Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Do you anticipate releasing this newer version of Hijack anytime soon, Mark?

I might just get an adaptor (configure it for slave) and a low-capacity CF card...

Yeah, I hope to sit down with it again over the weekend to iron out the kinks and add the Hijack menu support for controlling the feature. Whether I release it for others depends on whether anyone else is going to use it or not.

If you want it, then get yourself a CF-IDE adapter board, configure it as SLAVE, and install it in your player. Then get a small (or huge, whatever) CF card for it, and let me know you're ready to try it.

While my Empeg is apart (drive died) I ordered a CF-IDE board to have a CF+Disk Hybrid. I use my tuner a lot and think it'll be a great idea to have Hijack manage booting off CF - having the player database in fast CF is pretty nice too.

Mark, is the code mature enough to go be released? My CF stuff should arrive next week hopefully.

Mmm.. When I last played with it, I was having some difficulty with the "initialization" part -- how to tell Hijack to memorize to the CF, as opposed to running normally with a combo of CF-at-boot and HD-for-tunes.

All nicely doable, but I stopped at that point. There's a chance I might dig it out and hack at it one more time, though.

Cheers