5. And I will need real excel in it.

Originally Posted By: wfaulk
Works fine for me under Android for mail and calendar, without going through Gmail.

What can I tell you. I just don't want that kind of uncertainty in an activity that I perform, for work, daily.

Yes, I know of several people reporting issues with sync also using Windows Mobile in various versions. Just, simply, that's not me. I must have been lucky with my phones.

Anyway, my list was not aimed at comparing Win Phone 7 to Android, but to every other phone system around. Some of the features I need are in android, others aren't.

Quote:

Well, to be fair, it syncs with Exchange. I use Outlook as little as possible. I try to use Exchange as little as possible, honestly.

Syncing with exchange is different than synching with Outlook. I personally need Outlook Sync. I use Outlook every day, all day long at work, quite extensively (and I love it more than any of the zillions other clients I used at home through the years, so that I ended up using it at home as well). I know that many hate it for various types of reasons, but again I must have been lucky so far.

So, either a phone syncs with Outlook properly, or I don't buy it. I'd rather get some Windows Mobile 6.5 phone when my Treo fails for good, if Android does not offer that same level of reliability by then and WP7 lacks in other regards.

Quote:
There are a variety of Android phones with physical keyboards, both horizontally and vertically aligned. Or do you need one that isn't a slide-away deal?

I like slide keyboards, as they allow for large lcd. I actually like the Dell Venue Pro they just presented, provided its real keyboard is rock solid and can last enough. Again, my Treo 750 was just superb in terms of keyboard touch and feel and accuracy - never tried anything better -, unless it is dying on me and it is every day more frustrating. And, it was supposed to be the best real keyboard out there, when I bought it.

Originally Posted By: andy

I was surprised to find that WP7 doesn't support memory cards and that none of the phones announced today have more than 16GB (and most are 8GB). With a couple of meaty apps and some recorded 720p video those 8GB ones are going to run out of storage pretty quick.

Exactly! What a poor choice. Windows Phone 7 now allows me to update my status on facebook but its storage can't be expanded. What an evolution. I am so happy now. :-| I just can't understand why they have to get rid of the features that would be regarded as a premium over a competitor like the iPhone, and that you don't "have to" use if you don't want to or know how to. Would a mem card reader introduce some security risk, maybe? Some excessive complexity of some kind?
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg