... mmmh. Interesting.

Well, that can ben annoying. But, on the other hand, if you have your contacts, music, photos, stored/synched on your PC, it's not too bad, theoretically, assuming hard-reset is a smooth enough - not even necessarily quick - operation.

Do you guys know what a hard reset practically means with WP7? Is there official software (Zune?) available to do so, or would it have to be provided by hardware manufacturer? Or even be unofficial?

Maybe Apps restore could potentially be a more annoying part of the process if licensing issue arised...

Back to Dell Venue Pro, it comes with microSDHC port. As of today, it means a max capacity of 32GB + 8 GB internal = 40 GB. Not yet comparable to a hdd-based music player, but promising.

A 64 GB microSD, which I believe will eventually hit the market, would bring total capacity to 72 GB; that may keep my entire collection without audiobooks and some podcasts; personally, it is a sacrifice I could accept to make as long as I can carry around one device only rather than two. It would be painful to go back and select what music not to sync in the device, for example, an approach I had hoped to give up once for good years ago when I first expanded my Empeg :), but still...

Also, I hope it sounds as good as the Zune.
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg