Google image search used to suck, not because of performance but because of execution and design. It presented the images in such a way that they were never aligned which caused the page format to change from page to page. That make it impossible to manipulate the controls from one page to the next (with a mouse) without hunting around for the small "next" or "previous" button.

It's cemented, cast in stone or whatever other cliché you want to use. Google sucks at design and UI. Just look at Analytics. What a mess.

Bing's image search is still much better than Google's in presentation since everything is on a nice grid. I'd like to see a few more options, but in terms of speed, it's also performing quite well. I'll probably use it more in the future. Text search however sucks with Bing as you guys have all pointed out already.

WInPhone isn't even out yet and I'm already wanting one of its features as a Jailbroken mod for the iPhone... The ability to hide the title/status bar at the top of the screen at all times, and swipe with your finger to either display it temporarily or to show a more detailed/larger device status report. IMO, that bar is one thing Apple did very very wrong. It's just too 1980's and a throwback to desktop computing.