Yeah, I often go to Amazon with a specific product in mind, then I want to see what else is available and what gets good reviews. I think that in general they've gotten better with their breadcrumbs (probably homemade instead of store bought smile ).

I've also noticed that Amazon seems to be attempting weighted sorts of user reviews. One of the things I do more than anything else on Amazon is sort items by user reviews to see what the community thinks of the products. A year ago, such a sort would result in an initial page of 5-star products with 1 user review each. I'd then have to go to the second or third page to get a 4.7-star reviewed item with 300+ reviews for it. This was a constant annoyance with their interface. However, now it seems they've addressed that problem, though it still seems a little...off.

On another note, I just received two Monoprice switches (the items I ordered last Friday) - an 8-port and a 24-port, both gigabit. I'm quite impressed with the build quality, though the 24 port switch has pretty loud fans... Anything I might be able to do about that? It's going in a basement where it should be pretty cool. Is it possible to replace the fans in these things?