I get a little confusing when I post things on here.

I got my 60 gig player brand new from Sonic Blue. Before I ever put it in my truck, I put 2.0 Beta 7 on it. I installed it into my truck and noticed the dimmer varied basically every time I started my truck. When I would go in to the dimmer setting while my headlights were off, adjusting the dimmer setting up or down basically made the dimmer vary all sorts of different brightnesses. Even if you turned it to 100% and kept pushing the right arrow button, it would keep changing to all different brightness levels from 100% to basically off even though it still stated it was at 100%. If I would turn my headlights on, it would sometimes dim the display and sometimes make it brighter. The dimmer just did whatever the heck it wanted.

I installed 2.0 Beta 11 at work and the beta 11 hi-jack kernal.

I don't know if just updating to 2.0 Beta 11 fixed my player or if forcing the player into DC mode while pluged in the wall and readjusting it to 100% brightness fixed the problem. It was probly the firmware update, but I just wanted to list what I did in case it wasn't the firmware update and other people wanted to try to reproduce what I did on mine. I think there were a few people having the same problem as me. I am just happy that my dimmer is working and was hoping that I could help some other people out. Sorry if it caused any confusion.