As I've said, there's nothing we can do with the hardware. This is an EOL product. There are no newer front board designs, nor will there be.

We either try to fix it in software - and I believe it *can* be fixed in software, or you do without your player. Whilst I'd like to try and do a thorough fix, like possibly change the PIC code on the display board or the oscillator, it ain't going to happen as it's not cost effective.

The brightness changing when at 100% is an indication of a problem with the comms between the main board and the button PIC - the button PIC is getting 100% commands from the main board but misinterpreting the byte and as such is setting the dimmer level to different values every time a byte is sent from the main board.

The fact that, for some people, temperature appears to have an effect, is not an indication of a dodgy component as far as I can see - and I designed the circuitry. I believe it's an indication of a problem with the main board -> display board comms protocol or loading of the display board PIC.

Hugo