Resurection of old threads... Haven't seen that done in a looong time.

Anyway, I read all the original messages when they were posted last year. My unit had always been fine regardless of temperature. Then a couple of months ago it had the random level startup problem. Move dimmer up then back down and fixed. Then a couple of weeks later it had a similar problem, but with the inability to fix itself with an up and down. Restart the player and all was good. This happened again a couple more times over the past month. Now this week I have seen the inability to fix with a restart. Total random dimmer selection when moving its value. Random dimmer setting when trying to increase beyond 100.

Exactly the same problems described by most people. The strangest thing is that I've been using theplayer for over a year and it was never an issue before. I'm going to ask someone here at work to add a cap to my board and I have every expectation it will work.

Moving this thread back to light is sort of timely right now because it's been extremely cold in this neck of the woods. Hopefully it will spark the attention of anyone else that may recently have been plagued by the issue.

Bruno