Hi there, I too have a new cooper on order and want to install my Rio Car. I've been desperately searching the net for people who might have already done this, but you're the first I've found that's even mentioned the new Mini. All I know is that the standard head unit facias are slightly overzise (about 1/4" extra top and bottom) to the standard DIN. However, one of the European options is a radio/GPS unit which is DIN sized - there's a picture in my accessories catalogue (this is a head unit GPS/radio, not the colour screen GPS option which fits in the speedo). Anyway, because this unit is DIN sized one hopes fitting another head unit should be OK. Interestingly, my BMW dealer told me that fitting a non-standard head unit would invalidate the electrical part of my warranty - looks like I'll be removing Rio Car whenever it goes in to the garage. On getting the car (April/May), my first task is to discover how to remove the standard unit - If you get there first, post a message otherwise I will. My dealer also mentioned they were currently testing an optional Harman Kardon sound system (speakers and amplifier) - this would save having to fit our own amplifier, however it will cost £750 ($1200)!!!!!!!

Good Luck.