I have a hard time seeing the word "quality" and "Ford" on the same page. Uuugh.

The big three are very lucky in NA. Very lucky the typical consumer here easy to brainwash and generally doesn't give a rat's ass about what they drive. As long as it's from GM, Ford or Chrysler. You'd be surprised how many people don't know which parent owns which brand either. So with so many brands, they manage to compete well against the makers of quality products (ie. every other maker)

Let me entice more heat. I think the Mustang, and every version of it in the past 20+ years is complete garbage. Engineering capable of a freshman. Cheaply built large engines in poor chassis with even lower quality design elements. Love the fake vents all over the place. Wonder how many owners think they're helping to cool their brakes.

Ok... I've probably ruined all chances of Tony cranking on that alarm clock at my request now...

BTW, anyone see the new Camry? What on earth was Toyota thinking? Uuuuugh! The new Hyundai Tiburon ("Coupe" in Europe) looks pretty nice on the outside and inside. But under the hood it sounds terrible. A 6cyl 2.7L engine producing piss for power on their "GS-R" model (how dare they use that badge). The thing's been redesigned 3 times in the past 5 years - I think that may be an indication of how well they're doing. I did look under the hood of one of the originals in 96 and it looked the like engine had been cast in a cheap wooden mold in someone's back yard. Made me think I was looking at an American car.

Bruno

(...thinks this was offtopic enough to keep up with the average direction of bbs posts)