I talk, argued, screamed (in that order) to just about every UPS department and the insurance company they used with no results. I still have not received any money to this day.

I have a three-word suggestion: Small Claims Court

You don't need an attorney, the paperwork is easy to fill out, you file the claim and if they fail to come to court to defend against it, then you automatically receive a default judgment for the amount of the claim.

At that point, if they refuse to honor the judgment, you can take whatever collection actions you deem necessary -- take the judgment paper, go to one of their depots, and impound a delivery truck if you want. Or, hire an attorney to really go after them, and they will be liable for the collection costs as well as the judgment amount.

The downside is... you have to file the claim in the home state of their corporate offices, which might prove difficult from a logistics point of view. Or maybe you don't... it might be in whatever state the services (or lack of) were provided. It's worth looking into.

On the few occasions where I have filed small claims actions, I have found the personnel at the courthouse (where you get the forms and file the papers) to be very helpful and informative.

tanstaafl.