When I was in 5th grade in Canada (A very long time ago now), we had a series of reading comprehension and speed tests in the english class. I upset their bell curve quite a bit when they decided that my average reading speed was around a thousand words a minute with 98% recall. This was so far outside the norm that they reran the tests about four times to check if I was faking it

I can't actually remember a time when I couldn't read to some degree or other, and my father says I sort of worked it out for myself around 3 or 4 years old.

In the right mood, which is often late at night when I'm just tired enough to be drifting into a sort of alpha-state, the reading becomes so automatic and involved it's sometimes like I'm seeing the book as a movie (I have a very visual mind), and I've been know to go through a 250 page novel in less than an hour. In this state I often read eight or nine books in a row, and then wonder why I'm so tired the next day

Mind you, I don't personally know anyone else who buys fiction twenty books at a time, and then reads them all in a weekend. Maybe I'm just peculiar somehow? Nah, that can't be it...

That's why I like buying books when I'm in Canada or the US, they give you a bulk discount.

pca