Aragon replied:

> ... translucent cutouts in non-translucent buttons...

It can be done, but it will _greatly_ increase the cost of the buttons. It will double the tooling cost and possibly triple the casting cost. I wouldn't feel comfortable with this sort of project because of the increased selling price and the probability that I would not recover my investment.

It would be easier and slightly less costly to re-master the buttons with a slightly raised surface on the top, then paint the rest of the button up to the edge of this raised surface; but then again, we're looking at a niche market with a limited return.

I'll know more after I see the buttons themselves this week.
-------

canuckInLA replied:
> ... do you do a limited run, end of story? Or is it limited run + one offs in the future?

Most of the casting that I do of this specific type is a limited run with one-offs as needed.

For this project, after I cast some display samples, it will be whatever is ordered as needed. I've had at least one commercial inquiry that would require a small limited run, but everything else has been from individuals wanting one to three sets of buttons.

The requests for fascia will probably increase slightly after I produce some samples of what will be available.
-------

Archeon replied:
> Yellow... Green... Red... Blue names...

Thank you.
-------

pgrzelak replied:
> Mike, if you are interested in having a full unit to examine, test, measure, whatever, send me a private message with all your details. We can work something out.

I'll contact you.

> Heh, heh - perhaps, after trying the unit, you will become so hooked and obsessed, you will a) not want to return it and b) understand the sheer frenzy you have started.

I'm a gadget freak, but with my budget as tight as it is at present, I'll have to steel my resolution to not become hooked... I hope...