Finally.. and I do hate to rant, but my Karma has been broken longer than it worked at this point. I contected DNNA on the 10th of December about my unit and am still getting the lame "We dont have any units to use as replacement units" story now that was given to me then. The girl I spoke with last week, "Melanie" could not give me a time frame on replacing my unit and suggested that if I didnt have a replacement in a week (Which I didnt get) that I should call back. This is starting to get real old, real fast. I mean, if this was a $20.00 item that you can just replace, it would be no big deal but the Karma is a fairly hefty financial investment for most people and the way DNNA has handled this whole situation, with horrible customer support, SLOW to NONEXISTENT response time and the fact that they still have my Karma and are giving me the same story they were giving me way back on the 10th of December is inexcusable.

A couple of people over on the Riovolution board suggested I should have bought one somewhere else, swapped them and got a refund. In hindsight, that probably is what I should have done because obviously doing the right thing is getting me nowhere.

/Rant mode off (For Now)