Quote:
In any other country this election would be a land-slide.

In any other country, I think the people would have come to their senses by now and yanked Bush out of office.

I'm personally very disturbed by the fact that I live in a country where people can look at Bush and say "Wow. That's the guy who is so much smarter than everyone else, so much more honest and sincere, so much more on the ball that he should be our leader." (A nod to Lewis Black here).

I'm sorry to all the Bush supporters on the board, but I have a hard time buying that you're supporting him for any other reason than shared faith. By that I mean, faith in the Christian god, faith in keeping gays from marrying, faith in ... in whatever. I don't know. But I do know that I understand what Kerry said about "re-considering your decision based on the new information" (not sure if that's exactly how he put it). And I know that if you showed a Christian proof, solid proof that none of it was real, they woulod say "you're wrong, because I believe". And that is exactly what I see from Bush. If "flip-flopping" means that Kerry is refining, even changing, his decisions based on new information, then I hope to hell we get him elected. I don't know if this country can survive another four years of someone who thinks its better to ignore new information and "stick to yer guns, by god."

But I think it's disturbing that any of you can still support a president who's vice-president's last job was running the company that got the no-bid multi-billion dollar contract in Iraq. A president that stood at the podium, black tie and tails, at a $10,000 a plate dinner making jokes about being unable to find WMDs while soldiers were dying in Iraq, looking for those very WMDs. A president who declares "Mission Accomplished", but doesn't see the irony that soldiers are still dying at ever increasing rates. A president who won't even listen to his own intel.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan of Kerry either. I think they're both corrupt to a degree. But at least he's not an agressor. I think that he will be at least a step in the right direction, so that hopefully we can have a leader we don't have to be ashamed of.

But hey, I could be wrong on all counts. It's just my opinion. And you know what?

Its quite possible it could change, depending on what I learn in the future.