Webroach:
Quote:
I'm sorry to all the Bush supporters on the board, but I have a hard time buying that you're supporting him for any other reason than shared faith. By that I mean, faith in the Christian god, faith in keeping gays from marrying, faith in ... in whatever. I don't know. But I do know that I understand what Kerry said about "re-considering your decision based on the new information" (not sure if that's exactly how he put it). And I know that if you showed a Christian proof, solid proof that none of it was real, they woulod say "you're wrong, because I believe". And that is exactly what I see from Bush.

I read your comments with interest, and thought of them this morning when I heard this locally-produced story about voter registration drives in Washington State churches (evangelical, in particular).

The quote that hit me was this:

ARMSTRONG: “The moral issues are really going to determine whether God blesses this nation, and if God blesses this nation, we don’t have to worry about the economy, we don’t have to worry about what our insurance rates are going to be, we don’t have to worry about all these other important issues – the bottom line are these moral issues.”

So I am going to say -- that if you can judge from this gent's point of view -- that your assessment may be correct. Economy? Environment? Peemptive war? War crimes? The economy??? No matter! So long as the candidate lines up correctly on certain "moral" issues, then nothing else matters. If we are "blessed", then everything else will work out as a matter of course.

Scared? You bet.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.