Reading through the responses here, I don't think anyone has actually understood, apart frm yourself, what I meant. I get the impression that they are talking about paying for the final result , not the development time required.

To clarify here - I am talking about paying for the cost of an engineer to work for 6 x 4 x 40 hours to tackle correctional work for a limited list of bugs, for release of a free update to the player software.

Although I see that there is some limited interest here, it is not really sufficient to fund an effort of this scale. I think you all need to be pretty realistic here: THERE WILL BE NO MORE SOFTWARE UPDATES FOR THIS PRODUCT . That is the bottom line. Unless there is some serious money pulled together to do this, and a spec agreed for "one final push", then you will be stuck with tuner bugs, graphics bugs, and all the other bugs for the foreseeable future. The car player is not a living, supported product any more, and to think otherwise or hope that secretly, somewhere, someone is working on it is pure fantasy.

It's time to wake up and face facts, as unpleasant as they may sound. If you want to do anything to ensure the future of our beloved player, then now is the time. Start thinking about it!
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015