Well, that was one of the most interesting half hours I've had reading one thread!

1) I'll put $100 USD or $100 AUD, whichever is greater at the time, in the tin towards having a stable 3.0 release. Don't forget us Mark 1 users!

2) I'm incredibly intrigued by Hugo's references to some new ultra-secret, ultra-small product that's going to be an advance on the Rio Car (although from the little I've read it could also be a LCD postage stamp.) If it's the former, then I'm all ears!

3) I think the Open Source / Closed Source debate has iterated all the interesting arguments here. Of course it would be better for the car player source to be made available, but since it's incredibly unlikely (from what Rob, Hugo and Roger have implied) I think we can let that idea rest in peace. I don't see any companies making other products that can run the Squeezebox source, but I do see a lot of other companies that are competing in the same market with thier own proprietary player. And if this new wonder product Hugo is hinting about didn't have as good an interface as the Rio Car (and therefore in all likelihood use their own source code to do same), then why would we buy it?

4) If, Hugo, a very small Melbourne empeg meet and a half decent curry means anything to you<*>, then heed the criteria of modularity and upgradeability. As you said, you can never have too much memory; that can also be said for hard disk space, display size, processor speed, connectivity, and whatever else.

Have fun,

Paul

<*> And hopefully they mean a lot to you, which is what they mean to me.