Quote:
I'm going to be brutally honest. Looking at my sig shows what I am willing to pay for. Please nobody waste everyone's time discussing the difficulties of Japanese on the empeg; I think everyone is pretty clear on the difficulties. I'm simply stating, very clearly, what interests me development-wise, and that is being able to have my music not only correctly tagged on my home system, but on the empeg as well. And that is worth $350US. Minimum. Nuff said.

I would be willing to support this effort only if it were to press for a completely open source player.

I know that I've spent more time translating my chinese mp3s to english that I would have spent adding Big5 support to the player. Lately I've just given up and have lots of songs called "track 1".

There is also a feature/bug in the tuner code that I know would take me seconds to fix, but makes the tuner useless here in Southern California, and I have no access to fix it. It's irritating that I had to install a second head unit to fix a software problem.

I'm thinking that if there are closed portions to the semi-open player, what would be the next minor unfixable bug?

Now that being said, if there were closed modules with hooks, and an open source player finished, it would seem irresistable to create open source modules to go with the player.

I'm with Webroach, V2 works fine for me and it's unlikely that dbcs support would be added or the radio bug fixed, and I don't need all the other features being discussed. I would be willing to pay for a solution that allows me to change what I feel needs changing.

Thanks,

Larry