I would also be willing to stump up a little, but not enough I think.

Maybe we could look at this from another angle, how about giving Rio a big poke with a stick and suggest a few ideas for uses for the code and get the bugs fixed along the way, and make a community investment to show how serious we are.

The sort of thing I am talking about is the SqeezeBox or Roku SoundBridge. I am looking at these devices at the moment, but I am always dispointed with the bottom line. I really want my empeg to do all these things. There is a massive market for these things now (just look at the selection of products from big players like Linksys and Netgear etc...) and we all know that a similar player based on the empeg technology would blow allot of them out of the water. Imagine a slicker streamlined empeg with built in wireless and support for existing opensource server software (SlimServer!!!) there would be no server development to do, just design a snazzy box tweak the code and you have a ready to roll product with features like no other player on the market !!!

So where do I send my ideas to then ??? Anyone got a contact inside the "new" Rio I can bug ???

Cheers

Cris.