This kills me; you have perfectly functional software (V1.02) which is loaded with features, stable, and relatively bug-free. Nowhere is it indicated that you have an automatic right to any software updates at all, paid for or otherwise; however, with over 12 free updates delivered free within two years, this has been the case - indicating a level of generosity not found with many other companies I've bought products from as expensive (or more expensive) than this.

Somehow, you seem to have come over all righteous and vengeful because there hasn't been an update for a while - damn it, you're entitled to free software, right?

Given that the new software is a complete re-write at both ends of the link (the player and emplode), that both programs have been completely re-structured to future-proof them and add features that have been suggested on this board, that major changes have been made to the underpinnings of the programs that need extended testing, that the company has been taken over and the entire manufacturing and marketing process has had to be revised, do you not think it's reasonable to expect this to take a while?

I have no idea what business you are in professionally, but you are quite obviously not in software. I think you should be pretty grateful that the development team have got sufficient professional pride and integrity to insist that the software be delivered when it is bug-free, and stable, instead of riddled and crashing every few minutes - maybe even taking all your carefully downloaded music with it. Part of alpha test is a time test - just to make sure that some obscure bug doesn't pop up and sting people a long way into a commercial release. It should also be pretty gratifying to find a marketing department with similar views (integrity, honesty, stability) - unknown in my 20 year experience in software development.

So I, for one, am pretty happy to wait - and instead of crossing my legs and squeezing, I just get on with the main reason for having the r***** thing in the first place - playing music that I like, where I like, and when I like it. Now can we get back to work, please?

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015