I have a little problem, i have just bought another empeg (search for 18months and then two arrive at once!), this time only a 6gb, with a view to upgrading this one to a flash drive first,

serial No is 080000166, empeg car,

i bought it on that auction site, in the listing it said 'spares or repairs, powers up but i don't know how to use it',

well it doesn't, upon questioning the seller, it appears it did power up when last fitted in a vehicle he bought...5yrs ago. since then it's been in his garage.

i've connected it up with the power supply, and through the sled, even wiring direct to the connector on the back of the rio to eliminate faulty wiring as the cause, but still no joy, no lights, no spin up, nothing,

any idea's what i can try next?

i'm no computer tech, but being an ex service engineer, i can quite happily pull things apart to investigate, and 99% of the time put it back together again, so i'm fairly comfortable with having a further poke around, I've only gone as far as removing the top and facia so far, and might need a little advice on the best way to remove the disc drive tray, but otherwise... hit me with it!

(in plain langauge for a simpleton please!)

Hugh

ps, the good news is that the first empeg i bought last week (rio car), works 100%, hooked it up to the surround sound in the living room and had a play earlier, awesome piece of kit!

Edited by crazyplums (17/10/2008 15:31)