hi people,

have had the player apart again today, no joy.

there is power on the white 4pin connector which runs to the car docking plug, there's power there too (since it clearly leads from the white plug)

i don't have the olages written infront of me, but from memory there was (from left to right)12v, neg, 12v, 9v. and a number of 12v and 8-9v reading from the connectors on the car dock plug, and the two white connectors beneath it.

i removed the jumpers (blue 5v and red 1v?) but there was no power there, just residual mV readings. there are no led's lit inside the empeg either.

as a next step i was considering getting some even finer soldering tips than i currently use .7mm) and just retouching all the solder joints around the power in (white plug) circuits, many problems i've discovered with things over the years were down to simple dry joints, is this something that's likely to be the case here?

if i can't find the problem myself, is there anyone repairing these still? the FAQ stuff looks pretty old now, but last it mentioned was that the guy was into a years wait or more.

cheers.
Hugh

Edited by crazyplums (27/10/2008 12:03)