Originally Posted By: Tim
The government doesn't have any control over the doctors, hospitals, or any other healcare providers once you leave base/post. That is the point of my post - it was fine when I was on a military installation, but once I left the medical coverage basically sucked ass.

Okay, I misunderstood. Are you saying that the off-base healthcare coverage you had worked more-or-less like private health insurance? That you went to "any" doctor and the government reimbursed either them or you? Or did the government pay for Blue Cross or Aetna or some other private insurance plan?

What was wrong with the coverage? Not enough doctors in the network? Poor reimbursement levels?

Originally Posted By: Tim
As I understand it, that is exactly what the national healthcare plan is looking at.

Without understanding your complaint better, I can't comment well. However, I think you said you have private insurance now from your employer. You won't be affected.

That said, when you were off base, would you rather have had the healthcare plan the government provided you, or nothing at all?