Originally Posted By: wfaulk
Adobe spent time developing a version of Flash for the iPhone

They did? I wonder how it works when you can't install plugins for Mobile Safari.

Maybe Adobe should have spent time writing their own browser, using the built-in web kit, and stuff Flash into that? I think that would have had a more realistic shot at being approved. Crying because another vendor's app isn't designed to support your app is childish and unprofessional. So too is the way about which they did it.

Quote:
Consumers want Flash on their iPhones. Is it not right for Adobe to place the blame where it lies?

Yes, we can see that by how poorly the iPhone and elated products have been selling. Consumers don't even know what Flash is, let alone "want" it. The only people that "want" flash are the people who need it as something to bitch, moan and whine about. Flash is irrelevant on the web. 95% of what it's used for can be done simpler and cleaner without it. I keep Flash off by default on my main systems. And I'm sending notice to news sites that still use it that they're going to lose a visitor if they don't stop posting content with it.