Originally Posted By: hybrid8
Maybe Adobe should have spent time writing their own browser, using the built-in web kit, and stuff Flash into that? I think that would have had a more realistic shot at being approved.

I think that's perfectly reasonable, or making an application that does nothing but play Flash applets.

But do you really think that Apple would approve that? They issued an edict that standalone apps made with Flash are "illegal". I can understand wanting to make sure that the available apps for your platform are good, especially since, since they're the only distributor of those apps, they bear Apple's imprimatur. But, (1) there are shitty iPhone apps now, and (2) why not decide on the basis of the app itself instead of some arbitrary precursor that has no real bearing? The only viable answer is that Apple doesn't really care about the things they've publicly stated; they just have a hard on for hating on Flash.

(Not that there isn't a reason to hate on Flash. It largely sucks. But, so far, all of the HTML5 implementations I've seen suck harder. At least it's an open standard.)

Crying because another vendor's app isn't designed to support your app is childish and unprofessional.

To my knowledge, they haven't done any such thing. They have complained that Apple has made an arbitrary decision to not allow any Flash-related anything on the iPhone.

way about which they did it.

Again, which way is that?