Originally Posted By: tfabris
Originally Posted By: K447
I installed AC hardwired smoke detectors during the last heavy renovation. They are all wired together as part of the standard 3-conductor AC wiring scheme outlined in the installation instructions. When any one of them triggers, they all sound. I think this has become almost standard now.

Yeah, and when one of them is regularly falsing at 3am, only one or two nights a year, that design means you can't tell which one falsed and needs replacing. :-)

I disconnected the interconnection wires on them all and sure enough, one of them falsed, just one, and I finally replaced it. :-)
Well, from the Silhouette Operating Manual is says that you can tell them apart. Mind you at 3AM I might not remember what each flashing LED combo means either.
Quote:
Alarm Condition: When the alarm senses products of combustion and goes into alarm, the red LED will flash with the sounder and the green LED will flash once per second. The flashing red LED and pulsating alarm will continue until the air is cleared.
WHEN UNITS ARE INTERCONNECTED, only the green LED of the alarm which senses the smoke or is being tested (the originating unit) will flash. All other units in the interconnect system will sound an alarm but their green LED’s will remain constant to indicate AC power or flash once every 30 seconds when on battery backup