Thoughts:

- $129 is pretty steep, especially for newer homes like Dan's where there are a lot of detectors. However...

- I really like that it's a combination sensor. To combine heat, light, and motion into one sensor alone is pretty impressive. I know the price seems pretty steep, but I haven't seen a sensor that does those three things alone for less than $75, and this is also a smoke/CO sensor, which doesn't exist for any other HA systems for some reason.

- Isn't the current advice to use smoke detectors that use photoelectric AND ionization sensors?

- I love that it will hush with the wave of a hand. The oven in our old place made that a very desirable feature.

- These smoke alarms mostly eliminate one of my primary issues: that many people have thermostats in locations that they never walk by, so the motion sensor feature was useless up until now.

- I still don't think the "learning" feature would be worth anything for me, as my schedule is completely unpredictable.

I do think this is an exciting development, but I don't like that it's still very proprietary. We just don't know enough about where they're going with this whole thing yet, and that makes me a little cautious about going with their products yet. Like I keep saying, I have no idea who these Control4 people are, or how they fit into what Nest is doing. That's a big deal for me, because the most important part of HA for me is lighting control, and I don't know how Nest plans to work that into their system.

Nest is a really cool product, but I tend to like having a lot more control over my HA, and their focus is on making everything happen on its own. I suppose that fits more with the definition of "automation," but it's not really what I'm looking for.