My DKWT32i board arrived here today. Just a board. Nothing else: no docs, no dongle for reflashing firmware, or anything else. Shouldn't be an issue, but we'll see.

Originally Posted By: tfabris

- Serial RX and TX in a crossover configuration to the WT32i's RX/TX pins.
- The latter will have to go through the one of those usual RS-232 chips that allows you to connect a UART to an RS-232 cable. I forget what you call that thing. In my case, I'm using an RS-232 shield for the Arduino that has that little chip in it.

So, you had to use full RS-232 levels to connect to the RX/TX pins on the header on the board? I would have guessed that the board would already be operating at 5V or 3.3V levels for those pins, but perhaps not.

In other words, no MAX chip / serial converters required when connecting directly to an Arduino.

What I need to find first, I guess, is hardware documentation for the dev board. Got any? EDIT: found lots on their web site, but still nothing about signal levels on that header where RX/TX are. I'll put the scope on it later to see, but probably just 3.3V for the serial port.

My board works -- paired with my phone and played audio out over BT through the board to an amp/speakers.

Edited by mlord (02/11/2017 22:04)