AZ goes into shelter at home today (Tuesday) at 5pm. Not sure it will do much good, since the list of essential businesses include things like spas, nail salons, golf courses, etc. That order will stay in effect until 30 APR.

I've been working from home since 11 MAR. It isn't a big deal for me, I've worked from home a couple days a week for years. As late as Friday the 13th, work was telling people they were monitoring the situation. By Monday they were telling everybody that could work remote to work remote, if you could but don't have the equipment, get it from IT and work remote. The only people on site at any of the facilities are there because they can't do their job from home (manufacturing, classified, facilities, etc).

One of my friends that moved to Rome a while ago sent a text talking about their situation. They were told that they would have to start using PTO to cover days their plant is closed, and to prepare for as much as a 50% reduction in pay for up to 18 months.

Interesting times, for sure. Maybe now I'll get around to rewiring my front room's entertainment setup.

Edited by Tim (31/03/2020 19:56)
Edit Reason: Reread the text - 18 months instead of 12