Originally Posted By: Dignan
You want to see a bad response? USA #1! Woo...hoo...
Here is a screenshot of an Excel spreadsheet I wrote using data from WHO. The WHO data contains about 13,000 rows of daily data for each country where data is available. My spreadsheet has all this data, but summarizes it as shown in the screenshot.

If there are any Excel Geeks reading this, I have also attached a copy of the .xlsx file that you can play with. The main thing you need to know is to look up the two-letter country code in column Z to choose the country you are interested in. Paste that code into a cell in column N and it will display the summary for that country.

Note: The number for USA Deaths Today is suspect for this date. For some reason WHO's data for May 4 was prefaced with a minus sign. Unless they disinterred 1696 dead people and resuscitated them, it seems unlikely. Also, based on trends 1696 is too low a number. I made a probably invalid assumption and just deleted the minus sign, but keep in mind that yesterday's deaths were an even 5,000.

Note: The countries shown in the screenshot were arbitrarily chosen, mostly because I had heard of them before. Download the whole spreadsheet and you can choose up to 30 of your own countries. I won't go into how the first seven countries chosen got moved to the top of the daily data (not shown in the screenshot) but if you're a true Excel Geek you'll figure out how to do it. (Hint: Look at column I)

tanstaafl.

Attachments
WHO Data Screenshot.png

$WHO Statistics.xlsx (50 downloads)