Hello everyone. It's been a while. We seem to be coping up here in Manchester.

I've gone from being in the house all day by myself to being in the house all day with the family. Other than a few walks and the weekly trip to the shop, we're staying at home. The only real change is that I can't go swimming every day.

I had a feeling things were starting to 'tits up' around the middle/end of Feb. So I started to restrict my business travel. I also stocked up on the essentials (plasterboard, insulation, timber) so I could carry on converting my loft without needing to visit the builders merchants. Which turned out to be the right thing to do as my preferred supplier shut their doors towards the end of March.

As someone who had Asthma as a kid but seem to have largely grown out of it, I'm still a little worried about what might happen. I still keep my inhalers topped up. But haven't used the 'preventer' one for over 20 years.

I'm assuming we won't be sending the kids back to school until September at the earliest and we won't see even a mild relaxation of the lockdown until well into the summer. Even then, it won't be back to normal for a long, long time. If ever... I see a lot more permanent working from home and more online/home delivery type shopping. A friend of mine is convinced this is the end of the high street.

Originally Posted By: Roger
I've also been out on my bicycle once last week and will probably do that again. Oddly, the roads are quieter than the canal towpath (Grand Union from Park Royal to Paddington Basin) that I would normally use.

Me too, we have a national cycle route that passes right by the side of the house, and I swear it's gone from 1-2 people every 10-15 mins to being like Oxford Circus at rush hour. The main road, on the other hand, is now super quiet. Plus it's a 20 zone, so what little traffic there is, isn't going very fast.
Originally Posted By: Roger
What's bothering me is the indefinable sense of difference. I'm used to being indoors all day, but the idea that I can't go out as easily just sits awkwardly. Needing to actually plan lunches, because I can't just nip out for a sandwich, for example.

^^^ This 100%. That's exactly how I feel about it. Although I've lost a stone and a half by not 'nipping out' for something unhealthy.

Andy M