Originally Posted By: Dignan
only about half of the people (including me) were wearing masks. And what's with people not wearing them on their noses?

I'm sorry to hear that. I imagined the DC area would be a bit more cautious considering the population density and relative closeness to other hot spots.

I'm in a suburb of NYC and during the first couple weeks of the shutdown, the streets were eerily empty. I was the only person coming in to the office to receive incoming shipments and mail, so I have been out and about every day since. For sure, people around here are becoming too comfortable with the situation. Of course, that is only my opinion.

People are still wearing masks in stores. I have seen some people with it not covering their nose, but it's rare. The two big grocery stores (Shoprite and Stop & Shop) are requiring masks and controlling how many people are inside the store at once. While waiting on line outside to enter, people still have their masks on and are careful to remain 6ft apart. I will give credit to the population up here. They really seem to get it. But, there are WAY more cars on the road than a few weeks ago. Some parks are opening up for exercise (playgrounds still closed), but almost every business that was closed in mid-March is still supposed to be closed.

I want to see an end to this as much as anyone, but I'm guessing we're going to see a second wave of COVID and it will possibly be worse than the first. Only because people have had enough of being isolated, not working, missing family, etc. My wife and kid haven't left the grounds of our development in almost two months now, so I am witness to the frustration first-hand.