Yeah, but it would still be nice to be able to job quickly to a song

Yes, this would be nice. I'm skeptical that it would work the way you're hoping it would work, though.

You want to see the track titles scroll quickly past and then settle on a title by twisting the knob back and forth. Sure this would be great, but even if hijack re-mapped the knob directions into left/right commands, it wouldn't work that smoothly.

The player user interface doesn't let you cycle that quickly down the track list, there is some waiting involved if I recall correctly. So there would be no advantage to using the knob and it would probably end up being more frustrating that way-- you'd either overshoot or you'd have to turn the knob more clicks than you wanted to. Also, if you did it too fast, the player would probably misinterpret that as a "held" button and would FF/REW instead of track cycling.

I mean, if the empeg people implemented it directly in the player software, they could make it work the way you wanted. They could make sure to scroll the track titles instantly and let the cache catch up later. But I don't think it works that way right now.

Watch, now, Mark will implement it and prove me wrong...