theres one thing missing from my post [got chopped off by the BBS]. Can someone add this to the copy of the earlier post?

Here is why there is no Shifted Seek+/Seek- buttons but there are shifted version of every other button :

On the Sony Stalk device when the Volume knob is pushed in [i.e. shifted], it physically engages with the inner ring next to the Volume up/down knob which has the Seek +/- buttons on it and the volume +/- button and the Seek+/- button turn as one button until the volume knob is no longer pushed in.

The Shifted Seek/Vol+ actually reports as a shifted Seek+/- button even though I call it Shift Vol+/Vol-

This design of the Sony Stalk means that there are 10 unshifted keys [count them] on the Sony Stalk, but only 8 shifted keys.

Still 18 useable keys plus a modifier [push and release shift button] makes for more potential buttons functions on the Stalk Interface than the original Kenwood remote has/had.

Believe me, the Stalk Interface is just as good as, if not *better* than the remote [even the new Rio one] and I hardly ever use the remote anymore.

There are a couple of things the Remote can do that the Stalk can't but we hope to rectify that real soon now - hence this post and the earlier one.