Possibly related question:

Back in the summer, when I really needed a new laptop and wasn't about to buy a soon-to-be-obsolete MacBook, I decided to get a Microsoft Surface Book, so Win10 direct from the factory without any third-party cruft. I also installed all the "preview" stuff so I could get the Ubuntu Linux personality, which means near-weekly "hey you need to reboot now for the latest Microsoft update."

Anyway, a week or two ago, the damn trackpad started malfunctioning. It works great after the computer reboots, but after the computer has gone to sleep it's sometimes unresponsive and jumpy. Clicks aren't registered properly. I adjusted all the relevant settings, but no dice. A few weeks earlier, I had the opposite problem, wherein brushing the trackpad with my palm would register as a click, which is hardly ever desirable.

My theory is that somebody at Microsoft got pissed at these errant clicks and over-shot on filtering the trackpad, and subsequently screwed up something that only happens when restoring from a low-power state.

Hunting around online, no obviously useful advice, although there seem to be lots of related complaints, but none exactly like mine.