Thanks for your support, other Tony.

I would like to suggest that this thread doesn't turn into a Yz33d-bashing thread, though. Despite any disagreements we may have had with his opinions, he was always entitled to them. As I stated earlier in this thread, I am among those who sometimes found his contributions amusing. And he was genuinely helpful to me once, by coming up with a Javascript code example that was very useful to me.

And whether or not "don't write scripted exploits against this BBS" was a written rule is irrelevant. You just don't do stuff like that. There's just some stuff in this world you don't do. I don't go digging up my neighbor's flower beds expecting nothing to happen in retaliation. I don't allow my dogs to wander onto my neighbor's property and bark all night.

Whether or not this kid has the potential to be a valued member of this BBS, by loosing a scripted exploit, he has demonstrated his propensity to do precisely the opposite. Because he has already made clear his antisocial world-view, I don't see how he could be expected to stop doing this sort of thing in the future. Hence the ban.