I was actually surprised that you pointed out he was back instead of just blocking the new username and or IP/Domain range.

Figured it would be OK to give him a chance to see what was going on, and perhaps give him an opportunity to admit wrongdoing and promise he wouldn't pull a stunt like that again. Instead, he refuses to admit he did anything wrong.

Wow, reading the above paragraph, it really does sound like a witch hunt, doesn't it? Okay, let's examine this metaphor a little further...

What were the primary characteristics of the infamous Salem witch trials?

- Salem was a small, tightly-knit community.

- An ergot fungus infection in the town's grain supply caused sickness and strange behavior in some of the members of the community.

- The lack of scientific knowledge about the ergot fungus made the community assume that demonic posession and witchcraft were the causes of the illnesses.

- Certain members of the community were singled out as the source of the witchcraft.

- These accused witches were unable to defend themselves against the accusation, because they were being accused of something that doesn't exist and therefore can't be proved or disproved.

- Some of the accused witches were executed for these nonexistent crimes.

Generally, when someone uses the "witch hunt" metaphor, they're referring to one or more of the following things:

- Someone being used as a scapegoat for a larger unrelated problem.

- Someone being unjustly accused.

- Someone being unable to defend themselves against their accusers.

- Someone being punished just because they're different.

I do see some similarities here, but I'm not sure this situation really qualifies as a witch hunt...