Ugg, metaphors. Anyhow, plain and simple, here is the reason many people here had a problem with your actions:

You have done similar things in the past to show off. No harm was done by the hosting trick, but it was made clear that it, and similar actions are not wanted here. Want to explore the powers of your new found HTML/scripting knowledge? Do it on your own equipment, and not the BBS used by hundreds of people. Point us to your work in an Off Topic post, instead of forcing people to see it by putting it at the end of threads in the general fourm.

I had a similar incident once at work. I learned about Code Red, and accidently made it look like I was trying to attack a few sites on the internet. This was red flagged in the proxy logs (the source of the problem was my proxy was set and the request ran out the private network gateway). Anyhow, I got contacted by some pretty high up people because of the red flags set off. I appologized. Why? Well even though I had no intent on causing harm, I made it appear that way, and I wasted IT resources tracking it down. I did something wrong, and I should have been a bit more careful to ensure the test machines settings were set to limit traffic to the test network. Had I kept the additude of you in this empegbot situation, I would have been out of a job.

Also, to discourage any thoughts you might have of "revenge", just keep in mind it will probably be the FBI contacting you if any computer laws are broken. And DoS and other similar simple attacks are against the law. They are very good at their job when it comes to issues on the internet, and you don't want to deal with them on the receiving end of an investigation. I've worked with them in the past being a sysadmin who had a machine used to bounce some hacks off of.