Well, its nice to see that it seems this is being resolved. I've been reading over this thread for the last few days - but found it difficult to find anything new to say that hasn't been said, but I must say both "sides" have brought very good points. I found it hard to pick a side, although I agree with what Tony did - I especially like the Toilet Paper analogy.

Not to beat a dead horse - but attitude does go very far in a situation like this. I have been involved in some activities in my youth that draw a similarity to what Yz33d did. In High school, I was involved in various publications - Yearbook, newspaper, etc and as such, our classes were held in a computer lab full of crappy Macs - well I suppose they were "decent" at the time, they got the job done. I thought it would be amusing to load a plugin on one of the computers that would cause the mouse pointer to turn into a small mouse, and proceed to take a crap on the screen, leaving a steaming pile of black poo there, complete with sound effect. Well, much to my dismay, the teacher did not find this at all amusing. Turns out, this, and subsequent pranks and such would land me in a hot seat of trouble, and my attitude contributed to my penalty. I was banned from the English department computers for the rest of the year, and they relocated the English dept. computer lab we used into the English wing of my school so the teachers could watch it. I ended up being banned from all school computers as word spread, and the school was caused to draft a "Proper computer use" policy or something.

Well, I straightened up my act and within a year or so, I was being respected for my abilities - since I learned to put them to good use. The very same teachers that were involved with my punishment respected me as I had earned their trust back.

Sorry if this is a little long winded - but I usually don't say very much. While even to this day the things that I did are very amusing sounding, and I still laugh, I would not think of doing these things anymore, especially now at my job. Even so, attitude definitely goes a far way. I hope Yz33d has the opportunity to stay, some of his more recent posts seem to indicate that he may earn the respect of the BBS.

I would be pissed, however, if a barking dog kept me up all night. You know, I'm not suggesting anything, but a better life awaits that dog at a big farm in the country, and it would be a shame if it were to become a passenger of a van travelling to said remote location, only for the occupants of the vehicle to release... Ahhh I digress.