This post right here proves a few things to me. One is that you are actually very much like I was just a few years ago. The reason I wrote the posts I did here to you was not to insult you in any way, but try to steer you towards the right direction at a dangerous point of your life.

As I talked about earlier, my curiosity still gets me from time to time, and causes major incidents (the Code Red incident). As I said before, I have my job because I was sorry for what was done, and I moved on. I spent enough time showing the IT folks that I never had the complete virus, and couldn't have spread it. What I did do though had the potential to lock up an IIS thread for a while. The rest of the time was spent apologizing and convincing them that I would be more careful in the future.

The path I have taken has led to an awesome paying job, and great computer experience at age 22. I've been in the field since I was 16, and have only had one fast food job for a period of 9 months. Hitting the "adult" work force at that early age did force some things into me, and one was realizing how the world works. You don't walk up to your boss and say that you are right, he is wrong, and argue the fact for 30 minutes. You accept that the world is not perfect and move on. If you don't, you create a hostile work environment, or worse, a loss of a job.

As Doug mentioned, even an innocent program like the worm Robert Morris made can land some brutal penalties. Learn to tread lightly in life, and things will go much better for you. Use your talents properly, and your likely to impress someone who will make your life even better. I can tell you have the ability and the needed enthusiasm, just tweak your attitude a bit and things will go much smoother.

I hope to see you stick around here and try to add something to the community. I learned my lesson quickly here that this community wasn't like most others out there, when I started one of the early hot threads. Things have changed quite a bit for me since then, and I think the community would agree that my contributions have far outweighed the "trouble" I started early on.

I do think this is the last chance the community is really willing to give you though. Better make good use of it.

And if you need help, feel free to contact me, I have quite a bit of HTML and Javascript experience, webmaster is one of my previous jobs before I headed down the IT path.