I may be misinterpreting this but dbrasher said:

"The player should have a timezone setting, which has nothing to do with the actual real time clock setting in the hardware, by the way. The patch has no business doing time zone correction, because it's a unix machine: you set the time in UTC, and the timezone setting in software shows you the correct time for the zone you have set. When you change timezones, you change your view of the time, not the actual hardware clock. That's how my player works, and I didn't do anything special.

Windows is weird and encourages you to keep your hardware clock in your local time. I have so much hatred for them."

This means to me that your PC in not set to UTC unless you set it to UTC and forget about local time. This agrees with my own observations as well. [I'm trying to install Linux on another disk and the Linux installer thinks UTC is our local time from the PC clock.] You then said:

"I know it's set in GMT because I've set my timezone to US-pacific time (gmt-8) and the clock is right."

Seems like you are off by 7 hours.

Maybe I am missing the point here but it seems clear to me.

Also, I don't think daylight savings is going to end until Sunday morning a 2 am so we are now on PDST which is GMT/UTC-7 hours. Maybe you have Greenwich on DST also! UTC never changes, even though local time in the UK does shift with the seasons.

You might want to try various offsets to see if it helps your SreetFinder before going too far down this path.

Good luck, I'm going back to the Linux install for a while!

Lynn