Quote:
I absolutely loved the intro and the song that accompanied it.

I'm currently on a mission to find some sort of version of the song online, and learn the words and music to sing at a gathering two weeks from now. Anyone got any ideas?

I suppose I could bring a tape recorder into the theater if I was really desperate.

Quote:
and the way Ford kept using the word 'Belgium' made me giggle.

Drat. Saw the film a second time yesterday (enjoyed it even more the second time) and still I didn't notice that. I should have.

Some things I noticed the second time around that I hadn't caught the first time:

- Arthur not realizing that "Humma Kuvala" was a person's name, thinking it was just Zaphod swearing in space-language.

- The gesture Humma Kuvala uses at the end of his sermon, sort of a waving of the hand away from the nose. Something about the delivery of that gesture is just hilarious.

- Ford seeing a towel in the wreckage of Arthur's house and deliberately grabbing it for him before activating the thumb.

Some things I appreciated more the second time around:

- Zooey Deschaniel's fantastic performance. The sincere wide-eyed playful sense of wonder in the scene in the Heart of Gold's galley. "We're on a spaceship, Arthur. In space." But even better, the scene where her love for him is revealed in her eyes alone as she repeatedly shoots Zaphod wtih the POV gun. She doesn't say a single word, yet we see it dawn on her just by watching her eyes, as it's simultaneously dawning on Zaphod.

- The utterly perfect delivery of every one of Slartibartfast's lines. Each of those lines were clever when Douglas wrote them. And previous actors who played Slartibartfast did "OK". But those lines never really came alive until Bill Nighy said them.