You're too forgiving Tony. A cart full of beer? Still doesn't make any sense except as a contrived plot device ensuring he'd have enough for the entire construction crew. This was not something that had to be changed from the book to have that scene work effectively in the movie. In fact the book lends itself to a two hour movie fairly well - if one wants to take the time to do it right.

On the brighter side of things, I see that a Wallace and Gromit feature-length production will be released later this year. And neither Wallace nor Gromit have been replaced by American actors it seems. There were rumors that Paul Walker might play Wallace and Gromit's role would be given to the dog from Air Bud. Though Walker has the personality of a motionless plasticine figurine, I just don't think he could capture the depth of the lovable animated character.

Should we start taking bets now on whether Hotblack will do an animated song and dance in the next movie? With what they changed in this movie they might as well of not had an English Arthur. And they could have had the movie start from his apartment in L.A. or something. But I suppose that's what you get when you have someone that's never read the books nor had any HHGTTG experience write a new screenplay. And then hand off direction duties to a couple of guys that are one step above McG on the totem. And it's all as if they had George Lucas make final approvals. Makes me wonder where marvin's Jamaican accent was.

Bruno