Quote:
techno-thrillers with SF element like The Abyss (featuring very different, at least physically, aliens)

Now there IS a good film, I wasn't classing that as Sci-Fi, but now I think of it I'm not sure what else it would be in, I stand corrected!

Quote:
Leon is one of my all time favourites, too, and, judging by its IMDB entry, Sideways might also be my kind of movie (reminds me of Cassavetes' Husbands).

Have you seen the full uncut version of Leon ??? I think it is the Superbit release that has the extra 12 minutes of content that were cut out for the cinema release, it's well worth getting hold of a copy if you are a fan of the movie. It answers a few questions I held about the film from the first time I saw it. It can be hard to get hold of, I got mine via amazon.co.uk from a Canadian seller in the market place, you can tell if you have the full version if it has all the bits with Matilda knocking on doors for Leon during their training

Sideways is a little like hitchhikers, only in the way it is getting mixed reviews

Cheers

Cris.