Quote:
Unless I'm much mistaken, your "audiobook" is the original radio series, from which the subsequent books, ... were derived.

Yeah, the audiobook I have and am currently listening to in the car is Douglas Adams reading the book. He does an ok job with differing the vocies, but it is definitly all done by him alone.

Relistening to the book, I am seeing the jokes that did indeed get cut short in the movie. Some wern't all that critical to have the full version (like the whale identifying more then just his tail), but other jokes definitly needed to be left alone for them to be really funny.

In any case, I enjoyed the movie enough not to shun it out of existance. Though this might be due to my experiece with Douglas's works somewhat limited. I've only read/heard the first book, never read any of the others yet. I've never seen the older film, nor heard the radio show. I have played Starship Titanic (and am looking for a copy, my disk 2 is scratched badly), and read that book.

If anything, the movie has reminded me of his works, and has me wanting to read the other 3 books.