I was very "meh" about the announcement. The issue I have is the same one I have with 90% of Apple's press conferences, that there isn't enough to warrant the spectacle. Seriously, here's a company that invited press from all over the nation to tell them about price cuts and treat them to a live Norah Jones song. If any other company did this, everyone would be bashing them for going to so much trouble over so little. But because it's Apple, people are used to it or forgive them for it.

Speaking of which, by far the biggest announcements were the price cuts. As predicted, the new prices make the Zune HD a little less competitive, though the 16GB Zune is going to be $20 more than the 8GB Touch (which, I wasn't aware, didn't get the speed bump that the 32 and 64GB ones have).

Anyway, I have zero interest in what happens with iTunes, as I hate using it.

Lastly: I know the Nano is thin, so they probably had no choice but to locate the camera where they did, but that doesn't make it any better of a position for it. It basically means you can't take portrait photos, and it'll be hard to keep your finger out of the lens even in landscape mode.

So yeah, a big "meh" all around.

ps- my favorite announcements today? Pandora and Facebook apps for Android! Woo!

Edited by Dignan (10/09/2009 02:42)